So how do you want to show up in 2018?
Go grab a piece of paper and your favorite pen. Let's make your plan for the New Year right now.
Here are the questions I used to plant my 2018 seeds ::
- List 3 things you are proud of in yourself.
- What risks did you take in your life + business this year?
- What do you need to STOP doing in 2018? (Hint: this is probably where you are draining your energy)
- What 3 things will you prioritize in 2018?
- How do you want to FEEL in 2018? (Hint: remember this one)
Note :: Even if you're reading this in the middle of the year, you can still use these questions to review, reflect, and set a new path forward.
Here's what I learned in my life + biz in 2017 ::
- Be vulnerable. It's easier to be tough, to put on a mask, and act like you don't care. It's courageous to own your feelings and communicate with those that you love. The rewards for being open and vulnerable are so worth the hard work it takes to be brave.
- Validate yourself. As a child I learned to not shine too bright, to defer compliments, and to focus on the nit picky stuff that needed to be improved. Instead, I'm now focusing on the wins, the daily victories. So next time you cook a good meal, you get your body onto your yoga mat, or you just wake up on time, give yourself a pat on the back. You are doing a great job! I promise, you'll feel better and actually be more productive with this mindset.
- Make your voice heard. We are living in unprecedented times. More than ever, our voices count, and the internet has made it SO easy to be heard! Exercise your right to speak up for yourself: call your Senator, donate to causes that are important to you, keep showing up.
- Find your tribe + participate. One of the very best things I did in 2017 was join my dōTERRA essential oils team. I'm constantly inspired by the friends I've made. When I'm having an off day I reach out to my tribe and I feel energetically fueled up. If I were plugging along by myself it would take me days to get out of a funk, but now it just takes a phone call or a text. Find your tribe (whoever they are) and love them hard.
Cheers to an abundant, expansive, and fulfilling year ahead!